Tuesday 7 January 2014

Days 1-2: Yoga Studies Tour 2014

I've only had a couple of hours sleep since Saturday night and it's been a long trip via . . .

  • a minibus from Parkstone to Heathrow
  • a Sri Lankan Airways flight to Colombo in Sri Lanka (good food and an amazing 'front camera' which showed the pilot's view of the take-off and landing) - one hour's sleep :-(
Xmas trees at Colombo Airport:


  • a second Sri Lankan Airways flight to Chennai, during which I was given a $10 voucher because my seat number was randomly selected to take a survey
  • a welcome garland from Wendy!

  • a minibus trip from the airport to the Raj Palace Sundar Hotel which should have taken 30 minutes but probably took about an hour due to motorcycles, scooters, taxis, cars, lorries, and of course minibuses

  • a late breakfast of chana dahl, puri, rice idli, and onion ring - terrific, and it gave me another hour's sleep
  • a shower in my bedroom's wet room which also encompasses the toilet - the room itself has air conditioning but no windows so it's very dark and I have been promised a new room for tomorrow
  • an hour failing to connect to the hotel Wi-Fi
  • a minibus trip to the Kapaleeshwarar Temple during which I was blessed with Vibhuti by a Hindu tour guide-cum-fundraiser
  • returning to find the Wi-Fi works if I park myself in one specific corner of Reception!
We're going out to dinner tonight, then I need some sleep because it's the first yoga sessions tomorrow!

Namaste!

 

1 comment:

  1. WOW sounds exciting. Jealous of the food and the weather very wet and windy here. You look happy in the photo. I went to my first yoga class of the year tonight and was complimented on my new bag :) Get some sleep, looking forward to the next instalment. Love Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Blogger is very weird when it comes to Comments so please select Anonymous and include your name after your post, e.g. Read your story - please see a therapist (Joe)