Friday 10 January 2014

Day 4 - Food - Yoga Studies Group 2014

Thursday's meal was especially extravagant (in gastronomic terms) so here goes . . . .

The tuk tuks took us to The Cream Centre - the Veg Edge, a modern fusion restaurant, spacious, light and airy.

 
Unbeknown to the virgin visitor, every dish, including the 'starters', were larger than a main course for two so we all over-ordered but that meant we got to taste a lot of dishes - and the staff no doubt ate what we didn't!

The people around me (there were 18 of us so I don't know what they had at the other end of the table) started with some cold dishes:
This was the Delhi Papdi Chaat


And this was the Sev Batata Puri - I think that's the right way round!

 
 
Then we had Crispy Aloo Tikka Sizzler - delicious - this was in the starter section of the menu - a huge dish with rice, curry sauce with cauliflower, green beans and miscellaneous vegetables, plus chips inserted at right angles into the rice! This is obviously their own creation because I am struggling to find it on the web - here is what ours looked like.


 Our main courses were:
Served with:

Jeera Rice
Bhatura - which looks better than it tastes - we reckoned 9/10 for presentation and 5/10 for taste:



 Here's a picture of the Tandoori Paneer Shashlick:


And I must mention the Bambaiya Ragda because we meant to order it but forgot - the picture on the menu looked nice!

I would have liked to take the menu away with me but it's the size of a catalogue so I had to write all these names down. The previous evening I took photos of each page of the menu but I did get a dirty look from the waiters - I think they thought I was a competitor!

Namaste!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger is very weird when it comes to Comments so please select Anonymous and include your name after your post, e.g. Read your story - please see a therapist (Joe)