Wednesday 22 January 2014

Day 17 - Yoga Studies Tour 2014

Today can be summarised in a few words: my 1st yoga class, then bhuta yagna, a full body Ayurvedic massage, my 2nd yoga class and dinner - plus modelling my new look . . . . .

Yoga on the roof at 7.30, led by the hotel’s Ayurvedic doctor, would have been better without the air conditioning unit screeching away in the background but it didn’t matter much because it more like a demonstration that we followed than a lesson.

At breakfast on the balcony at the German Bakery (dosa, sambar and coconut chutney) a crow perched on a lamp post a few inches away. Photos were taken and we broke up a biscuit and left it on the concrete shelf about three inches away and he (?) seemed very grateful - bhuta yagna in action!



At 1.00 p.m. I was in the hands of Raju the Ayurvedic doctor again, this time for an hour-long full body massage which left me feeling relaxed and looking like a slippery Greek wrestler. The resulting selfie is not for publication at any price . . . . .

After a quick repair of the new sore on my foot which I call FFT (Flip Flop Toe) it was off to a 4.30 yoga class taking place on the roof of a shop. I was the only participant so I paid the extra £ (taking the fee to a fiver) for a 2-hour personal lesson including talk, pranayama and asanas.

It was great - I achieved my best dhanurasana yet, and the teacher claims that with work and some regular practice I could start binding when in ardha marichyasana. Impressive or wot?

The last dinner in India was a group session at Fusion where thank yous and presentations were made to our Group Leader, Wendy, who has provided us all with some fantastic memories.

Wendy - Nandri! (Tamil) and Nani! (Mayalayam).

This was followed by grilled king fish plus an Indian version of crème brulee made with coconut vanilla custard, which tasted a bit like bread and butter pudding.

 
Right now I’m trying to close the suitcases because I have a 5 a.m. start tomorrow for the 24-hour trip home.

Look out for the next, and last, instalment, by which time I will be clutching a hot water bottle J

Oh yes, here's the new look . . .

Namaste!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks great article I really like your article you can also visit dhanurasana Thanks. Mey, I found this site for yoga you must try and achieve your goals meditation to pranayama.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger is very weird when it comes to Comments so please select Anonymous and include your name after your post, e.g. Read your story - please see a therapist (Joe)