Saturday 11 January 2014

Day 6 - Yoga Studies Tour 2014

A day of rest after a night's travelling so it has been more like a typical holiday today - 3 meals, reading round the pool and a 30-minute session to set up the yoga days that follow.

Breakfast was on the terrace overlooking the river, accompanied by the jackdaws in the trees ready to pounce if you leave your food unattended, and the kingfishers and egrets flying across the water. Someone said they could hear a parrot but they couldn't see it and neither could I.

I watched the chef make my breakfast dosa before my very eyes, alongside my neighbour's omelette. I chose a flat one rather than a pyramid, with potato masala, a vada (see previous blog), tomato chutney and sweet onion chutney. Oh my, wonderful stuff!

 
The staff at the resort cannot do enough to help - they are amazing. The flower displays are colourful - these petals are floating in a dish of water.


Tom from Australia Skyped me when I was picking up email. I could see and hear him but he couldn't hear me so we had an interesting Type/Skype session about the Victorian mountains, my holiday schedule and the success of the global economy depending on people buying stuff they don't need. If we hadn't got arthritis in our fingers I think we might have cracked it!

Before and after a light lunch of vegetable samosas, toasted tomato/cucumber sandwiches and fresh green chillis (hot hot hot), I sunbathed round the pool and modelled the swimming cap I bought specially for the trip but was apparently only compulsory for the pool at Chennai, which I did not use . . .

Having invested £3.50 in the little b***er I was going to show it off and was given a cool new nickname - SV - which will not make sense till you see the photo, and maybe not then - it will be a small test for you. When I get it I will share it :-)

 
At our short yoga meeting Wendy (tour organiser and the yoga teacher for the remainder of the trip) explained our schedule for the next few days - more of that tomorrow!

After the evening buffet meal and traditional Indian music - too many dishes to mention I 'm afraid - and after an interesting and nearly-heated discussion about purusha and prakriti with a retired football referee and Tottenham fan, it was time to download the camera and write this blog!

PS My recent post  (Day 3, 2nd post) using the words 'h*m*cidal m*niac' was blocked by at least two network filters that I know of, in York Public Library and the UK Government - sorry about that!

If Cameron gets his way we won't be able to read anything on the Internet :-(
 




Namaste!
 

1 comment:

  1. It was the second post I could only see half the page of naked man washing, I haven't been at work since then. I'm not jealous at all. Looks great :) Love Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Blogger is very weird when it comes to Comments so please select Anonymous and include your name after your post, e.g. Read your story - please see a therapist (Joe)